BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Summer Session II

Grad school sucks my balls and twists them up in knots.

Well, I bumped down from 3 online classes to 2, but they still last all summer and these online seminars seriously ruin my life.

I'm taking one class in person, HLS 502- Women's Health, for the month of June. It's M-R for two hours, then rush to work for another six, go home, play with Fi. Then, when I should be doing my homework, I flop into bed, because I'm to exhausted to deal. So that leaves weekends to "catch up" on my work. this month has also killed my going to the gym and I need to start again. I need to drag my butt out of the house so I can swim today, at the very least.

I cannot wait till next month when SS-III starts. I'll only have to go in two nights a week and my schedule will remain part-time.

I'm sick of my temp-job, the low pay, and the cranky old lady who's by boss. If I'm going to bust my butt working, then it betting be full-time, at an organization whose mission I believe in, with a DECENT wage (defined as upwards from $12/hour plus benefits). Goddamnit, I am a COLLEGE GRADUATE and I am working on a MASTERS DEGREE. Surely, between my experience and education, I deserve a fair amount of renumeration, right??? (Yes, I know I'm making more than minimum wage, but I have a kid, school tuition, and bills to pay for. 'Nuff said.)

0 comments: